Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Review: Benefit “They’re Real!” Mascara


I got this mascara in the small sample size (30 g) together with a sample sized Hello Flawless Foundation (might review later) for about 10 € on ebay. 
As for mascara I am a “layerer“, I don’t like to use just one mascara, I layer several mascaras to get a intense look out of it. There are some mascaras that I have that are NOT good for layering, e.g. the Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes or the Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Sexy Blacks, both not HG material for me. I’m always on the hunt for the perfect mascara that I might even use as a stand-alone:
I heard good things about the mascara but didn’t want to read to many reviews because most people look for different things in a mascara, my number one criteria is that it is layerable. This one’s strong points are, according to advertising, volume & length AND lift/curl ( lift and curl were distinguished from one another but for me it’s basically the same).
It is a plastic brush, the one with plastic fibres… I don’t like those actually because I have too many and I find they are a little bit harder to handle but they do the trick. The brush is really thick in my opinion and even long, it’s probably the biggest mascara brush i have ever seen!
Here’s me layering “They’re Real!”:
And with make up done:


It is not my HG product but I use it frequently now because it does not crumble or dry out, the results really are long-wearing! Will use till I find something better. (Especially since the full size runs at something about 30 €, which for the effect it gives is a little bit over the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top