Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: YSL Yves Saint Laurent Crème de Blush No 9


This is from my last Douglas Haul, I’ve been craving to have a blush like this for a long time! And though for 40 € it is expensive I wanted to try it out! The YSL Crème de Blushcomes in 9 shades, I first wanted to get No 7, a typical cold and mauve-ish pink. This is the color I usually get and I already have way to many blushes like that. But this time I changed my mind and ordered No 9 Baby Doll!
No 9 Baby Doll is a very Barbie-, Bubble Gum-like, fresh and preppy pink shade! I usually never have blushes like that but I’ve seen reviews and decided I should try something new. I am extremely happy with this blush I have to say, even though there are only about 5 g it is really worth the price. It is a mousse/ cream - kind of blush and literally melts on your skin into a soft, slightly dewy finish! Here’s a swatch:


This after just brushing over the blush lightly with my finger. The opacity is very much build-able but still very light in wearability! Here's a pic of me wearing the blush:
 
I like a slightly “over-blushed” look sometimes, but this either way is really pretty! I tried both methods, putting it on before I set my make-up with powder and after, both is the same, easy breezy! Which is another great thing because what I experienced with other crème blushes is that they sometimes are difficult to apply in both stages because they wipe away my foundation or powder beneath! This blush isn’t like that. I probably won’t buy such an expensive blush for a long time, especially since I hope it will last a little bit longer despite its size.

6 comments:

  1. Love the colour and it looks really cute on you - quite doll-like :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! that's the look I wanted :3

      Delete
  2. Ich liebe die YSL Verpackungen.Immer sehr edel und hochwertig :)
    Leider kann ich mit der cremigen Textur nicht so viel anfangen,weil es sich bei mir immer schlecht verblenden lässt ^^ Wäre übrigens cool wenn es Pflaster für die Absätze gäbe..nur fraglich ob die nicht schnell ausfransen.

    Liebste Grüße
    zimtkringel.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaaa das fand ich auch super! Und normalerweise mag ich auch keine creme blushes aber hier is das verblenden total einfach! ich suche mal, das sind so ein-weg pflaster haha

      Delete
  3. I think this colour suits you well. Makes me want to own a creme blush- all I've got is powery blushes which can look quite unnatural at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! and yeah before that I almost exclusively bought pressed blushes!

      Delete

Back to Top